The investment philosophy of the investment ِAuthority is based on the management of the social security assets based on the economic indicators, strategic directions and the general investment policy of SSIA, which is approved by the Board of Commissioners of the investment Authority and supervised by the Commissioner General. The objective of the investment Authority is to achieve reasonable returns on investment within acceptable risk levels, to preserve and develop the real value of the assets of the social security funds, to provide liquidity to fund promising investment opportunities and to implement best practices in the management of pension funds. The investment body works to reduce investment risks by diversifying investment tools according to the strategic distribution of assets. The agency also takes into consideration the national perspective in applying its investment policy by investing in major national projects with a profitable return that contributes to economic growth and job creation.
Investment policy pillars: -
• Liquidity: The investment agency manages investments within different liquidity levels and with different maturities so that there is no concentration in the maturity dates of a number of investments, and the investment system must ensure that cash flows are available to finance the general social security liabilities.
• Investment diversification and distribution: The assets are invested in various investment instruments, namely, investment in cash market instruments, stocks, loans, real estate investment, tourism investment and investment in services, in order to mitigate the investment risks and ensure the preservation of the real value of the assets.
• Safety: Follow the best procedures and foundations in the implementation of investment operations and the establishment of adequate controls to ensure the safety and security of investments and separation of jobs.
• Ethical standards: non-investment in the areas prohibited locally and internationally and investments that are contrary to ethical and public standards and the public interest.
• Develop the return in accordance with the requirements of the actuarial study
• Acceptable risk level in accordance with the investment policy prepared by the investment agency and approved by the Board of Commissioners. Adopt the best standards and practices.
2. Adoption of feasibility as a basis for investment within acceptable risk levels.
3. Independence in investment decision making.
Professional work in terms of: -
1. Commitment to integrity and objectivity
2. Ability to make good decisions.
3. Cooperation at all levels to achieve the mission and strategic objectives.
4. Adopting an environment that appreciates outstanding performance and works to continuously improve the scientific and professional level of the employees of the system.
Faith in corporate governance in terms of: -
1. Making decisions based on a methodology that reflects the highest levels of transparency.
2. Paying attention to social responsibility to enhance the investment environment.
3. Adopting a methodology and organizational structure that ensures adherence to legislation and state policies.
The agency operates under the supervision of a board of directors composed of social security partners. The Ministry of Finance and Social Welfare and Social Security is represented by the Union of Sudanese Trade Unions, the Union of Employers, the National Pension Fund, the National Social Security Fund, a representative of pensioners and experts selected by the state and state representatives.
The budgets of the Authority shall be subject to periodic review by the Auditor-General and all contracts shall be subject to the legal supervision of the Ministry of Justice.
The investment system contributes to creating opportunities directly and indirectly for thousands of families. It also contributed to the provision of health housing and security for citizens to more than thirteen thousand families and to provide economic housing for those with limited income.